Sunday, May 25, 2008

Notre Dame Cathedral

Notre Dame Cathedral was truly amazing. Just the size alone was stunning. The architecture was beautiful with so many small statues, gargoyles (my favorite), stained glass windows and ornate alter. I wish I had gone all around the building to see the flying buttresses that are on the back. We didn't have time to visit the crypt but I'm sure it would be interesting. (remember you can make the picture larger by clicking on it)







Hmm, are there bats in the belfry? The kids loved climbing to the top of Notre Dame and seeing the gargoyles and the view was wonderful.

The building in the distance is Sacre Coeur.



I wonder how many feet have climbed these steps. They were old and worn and a challenge to climb up and down. Fortunately you climbed up one tower and walked across to the other to go down. The bell keeper must have had some strong leg muscles!


Lee among the gargoyles!






No comments: